Aankondiging: Over het GitaarTraining.be Forum (01 May 2015)

Sinds 2009 is dit het forum die we gebruiken voor alle leerlingen van GTS Oostende. Vanaf juni 2015 zullen er wat wijzigingen gebeuren, neem daarom de info in deze aankondiging even door. Klik op read more --->

Events

Masterclass/workshop Gitarist Josip Pesut

More
13 years 2 months ago #847 by Antony
Hey,

Op zondag 8 mei verwelkomen we Gitarist Josip Pesut in onze gitaar studio.

Op zijn website vind je verschillende artikelen over gitaar spelen en videos: www.josippesut.com/ Hier vind je videos van Josip zijn optreden op de Supertalent show waar hij vorig jaar aan deelnam:

halve finale show:

Ik leerde Josip in 2007 kennen tijdens een muziekseminarie in Frankfurt, Duitsland en heb sindsdien al heel wat ideeën over gitaarspelen met Josip uitgewisseld, samen gejammed, etc. Verder info over het bezoek van deze topgitarist aan onze school volgt, maar ik wou al even een paar topics voorstellen die Josip in gedachten had om met jullie te delen. In de rechterkolom hier op het forum vind je een poll waar je kan stemmen welk onderwerp je zou verkiezen als onderwerp voor de masterclass/workshop uit de lijst hieronder:
(doordat Josip Pesut deze masterclass in het engels zal geven, vind je de uitleg van de onderwerpen hieronder ook in het engels geschreven)

GETTING A BETTER TONE

Why?
Having a warm, full, speaking and specific tone is incredibly encouraging and inspiring. It is the basis of everything in playing guitar - melodies, leads, riffs, chords… Without great tone most beautiful rhythms or solos will sound awful. It is the #1 factor that will decide whether your audience will like what you play or not. People want to hear something meaningful. And in your tone you put your whole personality, your whole essence of being. It goes deeper than just music, and that’s what the listeners hear and feel.

How?
Great tone in playing guitar is mostly in your fingers and even more in your mind. After that comes musical equipment. I will show you many ways to work on your tone, to build it, to imagine it, to evolve it, to make it a strong foundation on which you can put all your other knowledge and techniques of guitar playing.

MELODIC ARPEGGIOS IN SOLOS, MELODIES AND RHYTHMS

Why?
Most guitarists that strive to play arpeggios do that because they have seen some guitar virtuosos blowing up their guitars with 1000 note per second arpeggios. They sound beautiful and blitz. Nothing more extravagant than a fast 6 string arpeggio!
I wanna challenge you to change your way of thinking.
For those who don’t know, one way of looking at arpeggios (and that’s not the only way) is as if they are broken chords. Try to play a simple C major chord, but each note separately – ascending and then descending. You would be surprised with how many amazing ornaments or even concrete melodies you can come to through that one arpeggio, let alone all the others that exist. You don’t have to be a guitar virtuoso to play them and to drain every exceptional musical information from it.

How?
It all starts with getting back to roots and basics. With simple and very approachable arpeggio ideas and concepts I will show you many ways, with my unique insight, to implement them in your favorite solos, melodies and rhythms. And the best thing is that, everything you learn here you can use with all other guitar playing techniques and concepts (scales, tapping, etc.).

THE “SOULFUL” PLAYING

Why?
Have you ever heard someone take guitar in his hands, rip a solo, your jaws dropped on the floor, and your thoughts were like; “This is the most soulful solo ever!”.
I have. I still do. I would define ‘soulful playing’ as playing something on which the listener immediately resonates to and reacts with total sympathy. That can be achieved by putting all your thoughts, your memories, your emotions and your energy into that guitar you’re holding in your hands.

How?
I will try to answer the following questions;
What does it take to do that? How to get enough ‘open’ to do that? Does it have to do anything with music theory? Does it have to do anything with an instrument? Does it involve other musicians? Do you have it from birth, and if not, can you obtain it? How?

CREATING MELODIES

Why?
Melody, all by itself, or involved in rhythm or solo is the only thing the listener will remember.
Creating memorable licks, phrases, rhythms or melodies to most musicians is unbelievably hard. Most have trouble finding a place from which to start working on that. Others don’t know what to do next. Others can’t hear anything in their head before they play something. All of those problems can be solved.

How?
I will show you several ways and processes I write music, and melodies separately. It will involve someone helping me out with chord progressions, or it won’t. But anyhow, you will receive many insights on how to write a meaningful and memorable melodies, solos and rhythms.

BLUES IN ROCK AND METAL

Why?
Everything in world of rock and metal evolved from blues. That’s why it’s extremely important to feel that music, to learn from it and implement it into your favorite genre.

How?
I will give you many examples of a phrase or melody played in rock/metal vs. in blues. This will be really amusing and filled with much valuable information as I will explain in as much details as possible how I did everything. You will also be able to suggest various phrases, licks and ideas, and we will work with those. You’ll get a chance to learn not only by listening and watching, but by participating actively and passively.

PLAYING LIVE

Why?
Have you ever played live? You know how great feeling is to get up on the stage, share your message and energy with the audience, and get that same thing back from them?
Simply indescribable. But it’s not all that simple. There are many things to go through before you can get a gig. Numbers of troubles with a band, with finding a gig, with getting it, and then, when you do that, the issues only start. I can share many of my live experiences with you, and hopefully you can get a lot from them.

How?
Write a small questionnaire. I’ll select 20 of best questions related to playing live and answer them on the clinic. 
I’ll give you some hints on what specific topics those questions can be;
Club shows
TV performances
Talent showcases (Got Talent show, Idol show, etc.)
Booking gigs
Special effects on shows (lightning, pyrotechnics, etc.) – when, why and how
Special experiences during live performances

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
13 years 1 month ago #854 by Antony
Bedankt voor alle stemmen,

De stemming is nog open tot morgen 1 april.

Groetjes,
Antony

More
13 years 1 month ago #855 by Antony
Bij deze de resultaten van de stemming:

onderwerp 3: THE “SOULFUL” PLAYING
3 42.9%
onderwerp 1: GETTING A BETTER TONE
2 28.6%
onderwerp 5: BLUES IN ROCK AND METAL
1 14.3%
onderwerp 6: PLAYING LIVE
1 14.3%
onderwerp 2: MELODIC ARPEGGIOS IN SOLOS, MELODIES AND RHYTHMS
0 0%
onderwerp 4: CREATING MELODIES
0 0%

De masterclass/gitaarworkshop zal dus gecentreerd zijn rond het "soul-vol" spelen van gitaarsolo's en dergelijke en het verkrijgen van een betere gitaartoon.

Deze workshops worden ofwel gratis worden aangeboden voor leerlingen, ofwel aan een sterk verminderd tarief.
Meer info volgt, waarna je je kunt via de site inschrijven.

More
13 years 3 weeks ago #857 by Antony
Alle info ivm. de masterclass (en ook optreden!) vind je via volgende link: www.gitaartraining.be/news?lang=nl

Hou deze dag zeker vrij, want ik ben zeer enthousiast over deze masterclass!

Antony

Time to create page: 0.149 seconds